We Specialize in Quality Children's Books
Encourage literacy in your home and community. Here are some great tips to start everyone on the road to reading.
- Book family time to read with your children every day.
- Create a special reading place in your home, with your child's favorite books within reach.
- Encourage children to read words on TV, street signs, mugs and T-shirts.
- Have a child read a book to you.
- Keep teens reading. Give them books, newspaper articles and magazines about things that interest them – music, movies, TV and computers.
- Organize a children's book club with friends in your neighborhood.
- Quiet, cozy reading spaces are good places for your child to read independently.
- Remember that children learn by example – if you recognize the importance of reading, your children will too!
- Turn off the TV - pick up a book instead!
- Start early! It's never too early to read to your children.
Source: Reading Rockets